Uncharted started in the hearts and minds of some very mission-minded, globally-focused individuals at a church in Evansville, IN. It quickly began to embrace other churches and expand its reach to more places in the world. Several years ago, it became clear it was time for Uncharted to become it's own movement and organization and have the freedom to work more nimbly. A 501(c)3 was started, and since then, Uncharted has been discovering more clearly who it is and why it exists. In short, Uncharted is a mission movement that promotes a lifestyle brand. The primary focus of Uncharted is to advance the gospel in unreached / unengaged people groups, as well as, help people go farther in their faith.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, virgin birth, sinless life, divine miracles, vicarious and atoning death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension and exaltation, mediatorial work, and that through Him Heaven and Earth will be restored to the Father and He will one day return to earth for all who have placed their faith in Him.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit, who lives in all believers, empowering them to live holy lives and to witness and work for the Jesus despite opposition from the world, the flesh and Satan.
- We believe that the Scriptures – Old & New Testament - were originally given by God, divinely inspired, without error, infallible, and are entirely trustworthy in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that all humanity is created in the image of God and designed to be in relationship with God. We believe that humanity is not at peace with God because of the sin we choose and experience, and all humanity, therefore, needs God’s grace, forgiveness, salvation and restored identity.
- We believe that salvation is a gift of God to those who repent and surrender their lives to Jesus; that it is accomplished by God's grace through Jesus and the new life given by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: the saved to an eternity spent in the presence of God in a new heaven and earth; the lost to an eternity separated from the Father in eternal torment and loss.
- We believe the Church is the Bride of Christ and is meant to demonstrate and declare the hope of Jesus to the world.