Community Host: Myanmar
Uncharted International is looking to place a team of cross-cultural workers in Yangon, Myanmar. Different roles will be responsible for different aspects of ministry on the ground that Uncharted is connected to and/or oversees. The Community Host will have the primary responsibilities of hosting teams and interns, developing a discipleship experience for participants, and connecting teams and interns to strategic on-the-ground ministry opportunities.
- Hosting: This role will be responsible for the logistics and overall experience of welcoming in teams and interns sent through Uncharted. This can include (but not limited to):
- Securing appropriate lodging, means of transportation, meal options, etc.
- Coordinating in-country travel logistics.
- Guiding the team in-person, or providing the team with a different guide when appropriate.
- Helping the team / individuals culturally adapt during their time on the ground.
- Discipleship Development: This part of the job is crucial to the overall experience that teams and individuals have while on the ground. We don’t want to only provide “a good time” for people – we deeply desire that God use this experience to significantly shape their faith. As such, the person in this role is responsible to develop an intentional discipleship plan for people while they are at the Myanmar Community. This can include (but not limited to):
- Creating times throughout their stay where discipleship themes / topics are discussed
- Helping develop discipleship materials (i.e. journals, devotionals, etc.) that can be used by participants.
- Providing “next steps” for participants once they return home.
- Developing an ongoing accountability and encouragement context for interns (i.e. small groups, one-on-ones, etc.)
- Identifying and providing key experiences and opportunities that challenge people in their faith (i.e. prayer walks, testimony sharing, etc.)
- Strategic Connection: The person in this role is also responsible to work with other team members and local leaders to ensure that teams and interns are using their time on the ground in a way that is most effective and strategic for the mission. Uncharted wants to ensure that all short-term ministry is done in such a way that contributes to a sustainable, indigenous, and on-going strategy. This can include (but not limited to):
- Connecting with Church Plant Developer to determine best ways to connect teams and interns to church plant ministry.
- Connecting with leaders of other in-country ministries Uncharted partners with to see how teams and interns could best serve them.
- Create a welcoming environment for Uncharted participants.
- Handle the on-the-ground logistics for teams and interns.
- Collaborate well with Community Team and national leaders to determine best ministry opportunities for teams and interns.
- Develop intentional, effective discipleship program for teams and interns.
- Promote overall vision and global ministries of Uncharted
- Contribute to Uncharted-related ministries as needed throughout the year.
- Communicate consistently with Community Team Leader, ensuring team health and effectiveness.
- A genuine love for and relationship with Jesus.
- A passion for and commitment to cross-cultural mission work.
- A humble and teachable spirit, and willingness to accept feedback and learn.
- Previous global mission experience, either short-term, mid-term, or long-term.
- Proven understanding of international work, as related to developing countries. Holds a degree of savviness regarding how to avoid toxic charity, develop sustainable models, etc.
- Relational and emotional IQ with a visible track-record of both.
- Commitment to the core beliefs of Uncharted, as well as our vision and strategic priorities.
- A desire and ability to create a welcoming atmosphere for short-term mission participants, including an attention to logistical detail.
- A desire to contribute to the spiritual formation of individuals.
- Undergraduate degree in ministry, missions, global leadership, church planting.
- Church planting experience.
- Direct oversight, accountability, encouragement, and care will come from the Uncharted Community Team Leader. However, additional care, encouragement, and communication will be maintained on a regular basis with U.S. based Uncharted leadership.
- Additional coaching, input, and training will be provided by the Asia Regional Church Planting Director. While this is not an authoritative voice, it certainly is a voice that carries weight and experience and is meant to provide direction and assistance.
Tap the button above, compose a short message, and upload your resume. Once your resume has been reviewed, someone from Uncharted will connect with you regarding next steps. (NOTE: Our vetting, training, and equipping process is done in partnership with Team Expansion.)
- Posted: Sep. 26, 2017
- Location: Yangon, Myanmar
- Salary: Self-Funded
- Preferred Start: Fall 2018