Community ministry developer: Myanmar
Uncharted International is looking to place a team of cross-cultural workers in Yangon, Myanmar. Different roles will be responsible for different aspects of ministry on the ground that Uncharted is connected to and/or oversees. The Ministry Developer will have the primary responsibilities of identifying, developing, and overseeing long-term, sustainable and scalable ministries that contribute to the overall physical, emotional, economical, and spiritual development of people groups that Uncharted church planters are reaching.
- Assessing Community Needs: This role will take point on identifying what physical, economical, and tangible needs should be met to build relationship and trust with a particular unreached people group. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Working with church planters to identify what the needs are of the people group they are trying to reach.
- Determining with the Community Leader what the best approaches and practices would be for impacting the physical, relational, and economical needs of a people group and how to implement those in a non-toxic, sustainable way.
- Identifying ways to assess the programs / ministries and ensure that they are accomplishing the right goals in a manner that is healthy and sustainable.
- Developing Sustainable Models: With the above in mind, this role is responsible to ensure that each program and ministry has a healthy, long term sustainability plan in place. This can include, but not limited to:
- Giving ownership to nationals in the early stages of program implementation.
- Allowing nationals to help shape and express the implementation of the different programs and ministries.
- Developing a plan that places nationals in leadership of programs and ministries for the long term.
- Identifying funding systems that proved resources for programs and ministries that do not rely completely on funding from outside sources.
- Maintaining Strategic Priorities: The person in this role must be committed to the overall strategic priority of catalyzing church planting movements, and ensure that all programs and ministries move towards this end.
Work extensively with nationals, Community Team Leader and other ex-pats to identify real needs of unreached people groups.
Determine what human needs should be met by Uncharted.
Find best approaches to implement different humanitarian programs.
Ensure that all programs and ministries flowing from the Uncharted Community are not toxic and contribute in a healthy, sustainable way.
Promote overall vision and global ministries of Uncharted.
Contribute to Uncharted-related ministries as needed throughout the year.
Communicate consistently with Community Team Leader, ensuring team health and effectiveness.
- A genuine love for and relationship with Jesus.
- A passion for and commitment to cross-cultural mission work.
- A humble and teachable spirit, and willingness to accept feedback and learn.
- Previous global mission experience, either short-term, mid-term, or long-term.
- Proven understanding of international work, as related to developing countries. Holds a degree of savviness regarding how to avoid toxic charity, develop sustainable models, etc.
- Relational and emotional IQ with a visible track-record of both.
- Commitment to the core beliefs of Uncharted, as well as our vision and strategic priorities.
- A desire and ability to work with national church leaders, including the humility to learn from them and maintain a teachable spirit.
- A strong desire to impact the whole person: the physical and spiritual needs of unreached people.
- Undergraduate degree in missions, global leadership, economics, or business development.
- Direct oversight, accountability, encouragement, and care will come from the Uncharted Community Team Leader. However, additional care, encouragement, and communication will be maintained on a regular basis with U.S. based Uncharted leadership.
- Additional coaching, input, and training will be provided by the Asia Regional Church Planting Director. While this is not an authoritative voice, it certainly is a voice that carries weight and experience and is meant to provide direction and assistance.
Tap the button above, compose a short message, and upload your resume. Once your resume has been reviewed, someone from Uncharted will connect with you regarding next steps. (NOTE: Our vetting, training, and equipping process is done in partnership with Team Expansion.)
- Posted: Sep. 26, 2017
- Location: Yangon, Myanmar
- Salary: Self-Funded
- Preferred Start: Fall 2018